Are you stuck in the depths of baby-planning, unsure of how to personalize a special nursery for your newcomer? Worry no more! Take a look at our 7 tips so you can find small and simple ways to spice up the space. Who knows, you may even get inspired to decorate your own room!
1. Display your books – Whether you have stacks of books or just a few, a simple display can transform any empty wall. A tall bookcase offers subtle elegance to the room, two bookends display a clever attention to detail when encasing your favorite publications, and exposed shelves that house a few of your favorites show off your distinct flavor when intermingled with photos and other memories. No matter how you decide to showcase your reading material, this simple addition adds class and comfort to your little one’s new space.
2. Add green! – Placing a plant in your room can work wonders for the atmosphere. This easy option adds comfort no matter if you want big floor plants or tabletop flowers, and you can even use fake plants if watering isn’t your thing.
3. Personalize with unique art – We’ve seen how much of a difference it makes! The transformation from bland room to comfortable abode is incredible when a few pieces of art are added to previously empty walls.
4. Add a cool rug – Just like adding some flora and fauna, a rug is an easy way to tie any room together. Besides feeling soft on your feet, this ground-level accent will liven up your entire space! Check out a few of our personal favorites here, here, and here.
5. Find eclectic accents to add to the room – As long as they are out of Baby’s way, interesting figurines and objects are great ways to add character to your transformed space. You can make them into a mobile for your little one to gaze up to, or set them to the side for a decorative touch. If small objects just don’t do it for you, try lining differently-shaped bottles along the windowsill or as a tabletop centerpiece! You can find them at any thrift shop or rummage sale, and even IKEA offers several options.
6. Make comfort most important – Find the fluffiest pillows and the softest blankets to make your nursery a place you’ll never want to leave. We can guarantee that your new cozy spot will be even cozier with a little one in tow!
7. Make your own DIY accents for a special touch – Get out your tools, head to Pinterest, and gear up for a surprisingly easy ride. As long as you find small projects, a little DIY love can really spice up your room. We love the classy look of gold spray paint on small objects, and Better Homes and Gardens has some great ideas on how to use it, too! Also, stay tuned for next week when we’ll have a few DIY ideas of our own for you to try out!
Got ideas to add to this list? Share them in the comments below!